SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around the forum and I couldn't find any direct information on how to get to the center speaker. Mine has started to distort recently and for the moment I just want to disconnect it and I'll get around to replacing it eventually. I haven't actually tried to do this yet. Can anyone give me a heads up on the best way to get to this speaker?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
If you have decent fingernails you can just pry the speaker grille off from the top. Otherwise use a screw-driver with a paper towel under it so you don't scratch the dash. Then there are two torx screws holding the speaker in. Unscrew those and the speaker lifts out and you can unplug it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! You saved me a lot of time, I was going to try and go through the other way. I don't know what I was thinking.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thanks! You saved me a lot of time, I was going to try and go through the other way. I don't know what I was thinking.
Just dont try this with the door speakers, the grills do not come off without breaking, the card needs to be removed, so you logic was good! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts