SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys (and girls)!

First of all: sorry for my bad english grammer. English is not my native language...

Second: I'm new, so first a short introduction... My name's Jered, I live in Vlissingen, The Netherlands. I'm 27 years old, almost 6 years married to a Belgian woman called Kim. We've go two lovely kids: a 3 year old boy called Qiandro and a 4 month old girl called Kyra. I own a black 5-door Saab 9-3 with a 2.2 TiD 115 BHP engine. It's lowered with Viggen springs and has Viggen rims, it has a leather interior with almost all extra options. It's a REALLY NICE CAR, I have it for almost a year now. Want to know more? Just ask me!

Third: the reason for starting this topic. Since I bought my Saab 1 year ago I can't use the rear window washer. I found out the pump is working, but it's leaking fluid near the reservoir. Last weekend I started to find a solution, so I removed the right blinker and headlight and the grill. After a while searching I saw a loose hose, disconnected from the other hose leading to the rear end of the car. Now this is the problem: I can't find the hose where it needs to be connected to! Does someone knows how the hose from the back goes to the front? Where does it enters the engine space and where is it connected to a short hose near the fluid reservoir? Perhaps the picture I took makes it a bit more clear:

As you can see there's a connector in front. There's a thicker hose leading to the back, but stops after about 15 centimeters. This hose is attached to the fluid reservoir and most probably makes sure it's not 'vacuumed'.

Can somebody please help me? Thank you in forward!

BTW: here's a picture of my car:

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Both hoses go through the rubber seal...

... and come out between the maxi fuse box and the coolant reservoir. So, the other end would be on the other side, inside the engine bay, along the edge of the hood.

One of the hoses in the pics has a plastic splitter just inside the engine compartment. There are then three hoses inside (headlight washers, windshield, rear washer). Two hoses run to the rear, one toward the front.

edit:

You DID say it was the REAR washer that was not working, correct?

On my car, the thicker hose is the one that has a T-connector just inside the engine compartment, and goes to the windshield and the headlights. The thinner hose with the check valve is the one which leads to the rear washer. The check valve for the rear is there, because there is no place else to put it to make it accessible when it needs to be replaced.

The check valves for the other hoses are closer to the washers, below the windshield, and behind the front grille for the headlight washers. I wonder if someone was working on the washers, and did not put the hoses back in the right order, and just left one hanging (?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome picture. Nice paint on your car. Also, cool contrast of old power (windmill) and new power (nuclear cooling towers)!
Yeah... Nuclear power, Wind Power, SAAB (Diesel) Power!

This picture was made the day I bought it, just after the car was washed and cleaned thoroughly. That evening I drove around in the neighbourhood to make some nice pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Both hoses go through the rubber seal...
... I wonder if someone was working on the washers, and did not put the hoses back in the right order, and just left one hanging (?)
I'll have another look probably Friday after work. Now I know I have to search for the thicker hose instead of a thinner hose. I'll let you know what I found then. Thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The advise for searching for the right hose helped me, especially that it should be the thicker hose... After some 'blind' feeling I found out the end of the hose was hidden behind the other hoses, it was just through the rubber seal. I managed to connect the two hoses, even though they were almost too short. Now they're connected, it's unfortunately still not working. I tried to open the hole of the sprayer with a needle, but without good results. So, there's no leeking anymore, the pump works, perhaps somethings blocking the hose somewhere...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you have access to compressed air? Try a nozzle and shoot through the line to a) make sure there are no obstructions (perhaps when you used the needle, you jammed debris into the nozzle) or b) you are connecting to the right line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts