SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my Xenons on my 06 9-5. It started it up right away. But after a few hours I tried to start it again and wanted to crank but no start. Now an hour after that, it just clicks. Is something draining the battery? Or a simple jump! Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I replaced my Xenons on my 06 9-5. It started it up right away. But after a few hours I tried to start it again and wanted to crank but no start. Now an hour after that, it just clicks. Is something draining the battery? Or a simple jump! Help is appreciated!
Batteries in these cars don't last much past the 3 year mark. If your battery is that old or older, you very likely just need a new one. You can test it yourself or bring it to Walmart, Batteries Plus, etc. and they can test it for you.

·
Registered
9,381 Posts
What did the Xenon replacement consist of? Just the bulb, or other bits? How much disconnecting/reconnecting did you do to change the bulbs?

A voltmeter will tell you what the battery charge is.

Either the battery is bad, or there's some other issue that was caused or made worse by the bulb swap. (Or possibly both.) We need more information, and you need to do some detective work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What did the Xenon replacement consist of? Just the bulb, or other bits? How much disconnecting/reconnecting did you do to change the bulbs?

A voltmeter will tell you what the battery charge is.

Either the battery is bad, or there's some other issue that was caused or made worse by the bulb swap. (Or possibly both.) We need more information, and you need to do some detective work.
It was the battery! Got it read at AutoZone and came back “bad battery” they had a discontinued battery for 25 bucks and works great now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts