SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a 04 saab 9-5 and the water pump went right away on me, it got warm and the head gasket went as well so as I was changing the gasket I noticed some irregularities in the cylinder walls I snapped some photos and am hoping that someone can inform me to what I am seeing. Well it won't let me attach a picture I will describe it the coloration is brownish with what looks like a thin jagged line running through it but upon feel it is smooth as can be. If interested in see o by the photos to better understand I will email them upon request. Thank u

·
Super Moderator
2,983 Posts
I have seen the pictures in your profile, very interesting. Almost looks like the compression ring got extremely hot and when it was stopped (engine off) it made an imprint on the wall. My rule of thumb is run a hone through the cylinder and see if you have any spots that catch your finger nail after. If there are any recesses or build up it needs to go or it will wear or mar the compression ring. You've got a cast iron block, I've yet to see a thoroughly ruined black on a B235 motor fail unless its seized. Pick up a drill hone and get to work!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts