SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 2.0T Aero auto gets 26-28 MPG, more if all highway. My newly purchased 2008 2.8L Aero auto gets only 21-22 MPG mixed and highway driving. Only 33,000 miles, seems to run OK otherwise, idle is like 800RPM +/-. No misfires that I can sense, no stumbles, though it seems to seek the wrong gear on hard accelleration sometimes (that could just be me too!) I guess I expected more like 22-23 and high 20's on the highway on cruise.

Your experiences?

BTW, I read the FAQs on posting a poll but I never get the option when I start a new thread. if you have posted a poll before can you give me some advice? I'd like to see the range of gas mileage of others.

·
Registered
675 Posts
City I never got above 20, but highway I got as high 29. I calculated the 29 by miles driven/ amount of gas.

My Sid never showed anything higher then 24.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
City I never got above 20, but highway I got as high 29. I calculated the 29 by miles driven/ amount of gas.

My Sid never showed anything higher then 24.

OK, thanks, I am in the process of checking by miles driven/gallons of gas.
It seems like the SID calculation is refreshed way to often. My DTE will change every few miles, which makes sense, except half the time it goes up by as much as 30 miles!

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 2004 2.0T Aero auto gets 26-28 MPG, more if all highway. My newly purchased 2008 2.8L Aero auto gets only 21-22 MPG mixed and highway driving. Only 33,000 miles, seems to run OK otherwise, idle is like 800RPM +/-. No misfires that I can sense, no stumbles, though it seems to seek the wrong gear on hard accelleration sometimes (that could just be me too!) I guess I expected more like 22-23 and high 20's on the highway on cruise.

Your experiences?

BTW, I read the FAQs on posting a poll but I never get the option when I start a new thread. if you have posted a poll before can you give me some advice? I'd like to see the range of gas mileage of others.
On the money, mine get the exact same mileage don't think it will get any better. Same year and mileage.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My company car, a 2011 Ford Flex EcoBoost 365HP V6 gets around 19-20 on the highway and some suburban and it's hauling a lot more weight.
And it feels fast, maybe because it's so big, but it's a nice engine. Like to see it in a 2013 9-5!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Zin,

I just went through your exact situation.. From an 07 2.0T sedan with 28mpg to an 08 aero SC, that averages 23, I was disappointed too, I use the highway grade fuel, BTW.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'd have to say its expected to lose fuel economy when gaining 50 horsepower, more torque, displacement, etc. I found that my highway mileage was about the same as my 4 cyl, maybe having the manual saved me a little. City driving was absolutely terrible.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I'd have to say its expected to lose fuel economy when gaining 50 horsepower, more torque, displacement, etc. I found that my highway mileage was about the same as my 4 cyl, maybe having the manual saved me a little. City driving was absolutely terrible.
But, but, you're in the land of oil and honey ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts