SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to disable the alarm system without messing everything up? My wife's 2002 9-3 convertible the alarm will go off for all the time, if a strong wind blows it will go off, if a heavy rain hits it will go off. I'm sick and tired of having to jump the car off because the alarm ran the battery down. The owners manual DOES NOT help at all I've done everything the manual says do, pushed all the buttons but the alarm will still go off. Does anybody have any experience with something like this, or just disabling the alarm system completely?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The alarm module itself probably need to be rebuilt. BBA Re-manufacturing can do it. Or you can probably unplug the module itself. Someone will chime in with the location of it.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
If the cause of the problem is the capacitors/batteries dying in the siren module you can just remove the siren module. You will get a message on the SID that can either be ignored or turned off with a TechII.

If its a problem elsewhere (one of the sensors or something else) then you'd likely need to replace whatever is faulty.

By this age tho its often the siren module that goes bad, it is located behind the drivers side (LHD) fender liner (near the A pillar).

·
Registered
9,097 Posts
You need to reprogram alarm and remove glass break and tilt sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts