SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to disable the SID switching to the temp (from whatever setting you wanted it to show you) when you start the car and its cold outside? (below 40F I think)..

ie. if the temp is warm, and you leave the car, when you come back the SID shows you the same info as when you shut the car off... but if the temp is low enough, when you come back, now the SID drops to the temp display and you have to scroll back to what you really wanted to see (anyone with half a brain became well aware of the cold temp as they walked to the car...)

I'm imagining this is just a case of over-active safety, and can't be disabled :( but figured I'd check... and yes I realize its trying to warn me about ice, etc.. but it more likely to cause a wreck for me as I have to divert attention to scrolling thru SID options vs swerving to avoid ice...

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
IIIM3 said:
Hit the clear key twice
I know how clear it when the "warning" happens.. I want to stop it from warning me ever...

EDIT: using CLR is definitely a better way to escape the warning than the info up/down tho. Still wish it just wouldn't warn me... when its near freezing, I'm pretty well aware of that :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
zim2dive said:
I know how clear it when the "warning" happens.. I want to stop it from warning me ever...
I think this is warning for ice on the road and it only warns if temp is between 26F and 36F or -3Celcius or +3Celcius here in Europe. I doubt that it is possible to disable it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My outside temp sensor doesn't even work anymore. I think it got hit by a rock that flew out of a dump truck 2 weeks ago. Once in a while it will come back and show -40 for a few minutes and then go away. I haven't gone under the car to check the connector. It makes the auto climate control do wakcy things when it says -40, like full blast heat even though it's at temp already.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
No, it can't be disabled as far as I know. The SID will automaticaly switch to outside temperature if the temp falls below 3 degrees C or so, just in the same way it automatically switches to DTE when your range drops below 35 miles.

It's just the way the system is configured I'm afraid...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Outside temp display

boogyman said:
My outside temp sensor doesn't even work anymore. I think it got hit by a rock that flew out of a dump truck 2 weeks ago. Once in a while it will come back and show -40 for a few minutes and then go away. I haven't gone under the car to check the connector. It makes the auto climate control do wakcy things when it says -40, like full blast heat even though it's at temp already.
You would be wise to get that sensor fixed, we had a simliar problem with our 9000, whnever a truck went past the temp display would go down 10C on the display, eventually it would read -40C or suchlike, only trouble was that it ws +38C outside so the climate control thought it was freezing outside & put it in max heat mode!!! Only way to get cold air was to set the climate control to low & then when we stopped for the nite I repaired the temp sensor wires with some band aids we had in the car. I did a proper fix solder & crimp when I got to my destination the next day.

Thats my experience anyway...

Teddy

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
boogyman said:
My outside temp sensor doesn't even work anymore.

It makes the auto climate control do wacky things when it says -40, like full blast heat even though it's at temp already.
This sensor is also used by several systems. The WIS says the value is reported on the SID, sent out over the bus, and used by other systems. I used to think the ECM was one of those systems, but now I know there is a combined temp/pressure sensor which is used instead.

I don't know which systems actually use this data. The part is cheap though, and an easy DIY replacement. I believe it is $15.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts