SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 04 93ss TDI 2.2 has stopped giving the ususll clicking when the indicators are used. It also appears that other warning signals, such as the lovely front seat belt warning is also not working. I think that the system uses the front speakers for its 'noise' . Has any one experienced this before and if so any solutions /ideas?
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi, i think my title should read 'Crappy SAAB Radio' as i have read some recent posts that point to the radio and yes, you guessed it, my radio is not working! All fueses OK.
I will take the advice offered and disconnect the battery for the stated 20 min or so and see does the radio come back to life and bring back my 'noises' ( i do miss them!). Any other ideas or views on bring my radio back to life?? I dont recall reading about this hibernation mode in the manual!?
Untill my next 'experience'...Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove radio fuses from fuse box left hand door wait 15 mins or so then reconnect sorry cannot remember fuse numbers poss 3 + 16 ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Radio not working!!!!

In relation to my radio on my 04 93ss stopping working with the resulting lack of lovely SAAB noises, i disconnected - waited 20 min or so and reconnected the battery and it has not solved the problem. Has anyone a solution, a method of fixing the radio or what can be done?? I now have no radio and no 'Sounds' ...
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had similar problem with my 06 SS. All warning sounds were dead, but radio was working thouhg. My problem was that something that I packed to my trunk had hit the rear speaker wires causing short and after that was fixed the warning sounds worked fine. I couldn't find this problem on my own though, but Tech2 at Saab workshop found the problem easily.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Unless I am totally wrong, the SID unit has its own little "noise" making speaker.

This may be shot or is disconnected.
The radio has a third fuse, for some reason, which is next to the radio itself - at least this is the case with the older Saabs.

The mini-speaker may be available as a separate item at Radio Shack or Lafayette Electronics....or at a good electronics store, I am not impressed with the Shack and do not know about Lafayette...out of business 40 years ago ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
earthworm said:
Unless I am totally wrong, the SID unit has its own little "noise" making speaker.
Sorry to let you know, but unfortunately here you're wrong. The new 9-3 uses front speakers to make warning/indicator noises.

I thought that the problem I had was really strange, since it was the rear speakers that caused the problem. And it's really easy to check that they're okey, since you can see them directly from the trunk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry my description was not that good i will try again.
fuse board located in side of dash open LHS door pop the cover pull out the fuses which relate to audio wait 15 min or so then put back in radio/indicator audio should now work also all your presets should have been saved.If you disconnect the battery it will not work, thats what puts it in hibernation mode in the first place.

Hope this works

Regards

Ste

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.