SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in July I brought my 04 9-3 into Best Buy to have my Sirius installed. I wanted a direct hookup ot the antenna but they were not able to do this becasue of whatever reason: it wasn't in thier book, they didn't make the part/adapter or they were just idiots... I don't know which reason it was. I assume because it is a small volume car they just do not make an adapter.

It wasn't a big deal till this week a spanish radio station came on the fm channel I was using to trasmit. In the greater NYC area there are very few channels/no channels that allow me to get static free transmission. I want the direct hookup now and have time to do it myself, does anyone know of a way to do this?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Do you have an aux in socket in the bin inbetween the front seats. Does your Sirrus have line out (sure it does).

You will need to run a cable from the Sirrus to the centre bin and then select aux on the input select.

Should be pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hey, I just tonight switched from my XM to Sirius... wow, SOOOO much better (I like jam bands). I have mine hooked up with the aux-in. You may or may not have this in an '04. I have an '03 and it did not come with it. etadyne *sp?* has a cable you can buy and you run it from the the hole near the cig lighter in the storage space... you can route it by the e-brake but I find the passanger side to be the easiest.. look on here for info on how to remove the stereo (really easy... first time you will doubt yourself but once its out and you see how easy it really is you will be surprised). Basically just 2 clips if I recall correctly... once the stereo is out you really just plug this cable into a set place on the back... there are several pics that show you exactly where and how.

now, once you have the aux-in cable in....

you just route power and a 1/8 jack input from the storage bin through the coin holder.. down the passanger side.. up to the hole where the ashe tray/storage bin is.

NOw, take the antenna and i personally leave mine on the parcel shelf in the back of the car in the middle... running the cable stuffed under the seats and plastic trim pieces by the door... across the plastic under the glove box and back to the same hole you put the 1/8 jack and power to the sirius unit.

Plug all 3 into your dock... plug the unit to the dock... power up your car and hit "DISC" twice to get to "AUX"...

if you do not have aux-in enabled you will have to visit your dealer to get them to use the tech II and activate it.

voi'la.

a quick search on here will get you those pics and a link to buy the aux-in cable. I used etadyne I think it was?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I wanted a direct hookup ot the antenna but they were not able to do this becasue of whatever reason: it wasn't in thier book, they didn't make the part/adapter or they were just idiots...
I'll take the latter

here is a REALLY old (3 years) pic of my XM roady installed back then... same thing now but the sportster is taller so its more in the foreground than the roady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts