SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know the size of the DI T5 star/torque/six lobe bolt size?
Last year two of them fell out....:eek: ...and I'd like to replace them before it causes problems.
Also what is the torque specifications for these bolts?

Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,583 Posts
How about 6 by 1 -metric of course, if this is wrong, I'll delete this.

Screwdriver tight, IMO, is sufficient. Thats about 6 to 9 ft lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
earthworm said:
How about 6 by 1 -metric of course, if this is wrong, I'll delete this.
Screwdriver tight, IMO, is sufficient. Thats about 6 to 9 ft lbs.
Thanks.......Got a lenth?

and where can I get some?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,380 Posts
You shouldn't use hex or Allen keys on a Torx bolt. The ones on the DI Cassette are T30, if I remember right. It's very handy to have a full set of Torx sockets and screwdriver bits, but T25 and T30 are the two most common sizes used in the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeremy R. said:
You shouldn't use hex or Allen keys on a Torx bolt. The ones on the DI Cassette are T30, if I remember right. It's very handy to have a full set of Torx sockets and screwdriver bits, but T25 and T30 are the two most common sizes used in the car.
That's what I'm saying........I can't find a replacement pair anywhere.......heck, I'd even buy 4.:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,583 Posts
Five to ten years ago I was at the Chrysler - Dodge dealer in need of some screws.

They introduced me to their huge box of used hardware - thats how Chrysler of York did things back then ?? Others may handle this the same way - seems to be a good idea.
Anyway, as GM is the father of Torx, so why not see if you can match yours to theirs - they may have hundreds, if you hit the right dealer.:cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,129 Posts
Jeremy R. said:
You shouldn't use hex or Allen keys on a Torx bolt. The ones on the DI Cassette are T30, if I remember right. It's very handy to have a full set of Torx sockets and screwdriver bits, but T25 and T30 are the two most common sizes used in the car.
To be clear, I didn't say to use an allen key on a torx bit. I said he could get a new allen headed bolt at Home Depot if he needed a replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,380 Posts
Frank_Drebin said:
To be clear, I didn't say to use an allen key on a torx bit. I said he could get a new allen headed bolt at Home Depot if he needed a replacement.
I just realized that! :cheesy: New Torx bolts are pretty hard to find, unless you want to pay the ridiculous dealer prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeremy R. said:
I just realized that! :cheesy: New Torx bolts are pretty hard to find, unless you want to pay the ridiculous dealer prices.
Yeah.....$2 a piece and they have to order them. :roll:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top