SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a cylinder 3 misfire, i repaced the sparks, still had it, replaced the direct ignition and all is fine, Question , Has anyone in the united states got reimbursed for a faulty di console. my 95 is a 2000. the di # is c028002. I have called saab and they say there are any recalls or campaigns on these, anyone else experience this and get any thing back from saab?

·
Registered
803 Posts
It was only the 2002 V6's that were covered by the recall, so you're probably out of luck, sorry. You can always throw a fit, they might cover your car just to get you to go away.:lol:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, sorry buddy. No recalls for 2000 V6 anymore. My dealer didn't even satisfy the fuel line clip on the pump assembly recall, even though that same setup is on all 9-5s from 98 to 07!

G

·
Try this link.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88373

It appears this is also valid in the U.S. I got both my DI's(V6) replaced by Saab under this recall. I have a '01 V6.

Call your dealer and give them your VIN and they will tell you if it falls under the recall. If they balk, call another dealer.

BTW, if you don't fall under the fuel clip recall. Just install it yourself. The part is under $20.00 and it prevents the fuel line from coming undone underneath the rear seat.

Good Luck

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks jlthunder,
I checked with them about both recalls when I tried the fuel line clip. I ended up buying one from the parts department for $5 and installing it myself. The guy at parts could not believe I'm not under recall but the lady in service made that clear. DI recall for 01-03 on V6, MY00 -> tough luck :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts