SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,If someone has a D.I.C they could measure for me would appreciate it,mine has some damage (Heat)but still works fine.I can FibreGlass Repair or maybe souce some Bakerlite Tubing.
The Diameter Measurement only is fine as i can compare/fabricate the Length to the 3 Good Ones.Thanks in Advance.

ps.After reading my Request im am fully aware of the unintensional inuendo:nono;,and am braced for any schlack or banter it attracts but please,keep it above the Belt:lol:

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
All four are the same as far as I know. Can you not measure one of the 3 remaining good ones and use that figure?

I also caution that excessive heat is believed to kill the DI at some unknown interval after the overheating event. If so then any repair you effect may just be a waste of time.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi,If someone has a D.I.C they could measure for me would appreciate it,mine has some damage (Heat)but still works fine.I can FibreGlass Repair or maybe souce some Bakerlite Tubing.
The Diameter Measurement only is fine as i can compare/fabricate the Length to the 3 Good Ones.Thanks in Advance.

It just so happens that I have a spare red DI cassette right next to me, so the measurements you wanted are (based on my spare one) 25 mm (black '?') and 21.5 mm tapering to 21 mm (red '?').

I don't know if any sort of fibreglass-style repairing will work as there are two main things that the DI cassette's plastic underbody has to cope with - heat and resistance to high voltage tracking (similar to coronal discharges on high voltage power lines).

Craig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts