SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Anyone know the possible cause as to my 9-3 Vector 150 TiD suddenly loosing both Xenons at the same time? SID says Left Hand Dipped Beam Failure and then follows it with Right Hand Dipped Beam Failure.
Checked For voltage from the switch all OK. The message started 13/12/09 when I got into the car.
I hadn't even turned the lights on!! I had used the car the previous day without the lights and no error messages.
If it was only one I could think it was a lamp failure but to loose both probably means something else. I have a genuine copy of WIS and have started checking the multitude of connections.
I'm basically wondering if anyone else has had this problem fixed and could report the cause.
I just don't fancy paying for two lamps @ about £100 each, that's without ballasts & igniters.

If I manage to fix it before anyone replies then I'll post the answer.

Cheers

Kidology

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cry: just checked the lights by connecting 12 V to the following terminals in the main under bonnet (hood) fuse box. All on the rear right connection block.

Pin 16 - Dipped Beam, right - No light

Pin 17 - Main Beam, left - Illuminates

Pin 21 - Main Beam, right - Illuminates

Pin 25 - Dipped Beam, left - No light

So it looks like lamp fittings, worse luck. I 'll check out the loom at the end of the week and will keep people informed.

In case anyone is wondering, the plugs from the engine bay box are as
follows when viewed from the front:-

Front Left - Main Engine Harness

Rear Left - Main Body Harness

Rear Right - Front Harness

Thanks for the info JonV, much appreciated. Further to the checks above and your info I'll definitely check the continuity of the cabling to the lamp unit. There is a relay in each headlamp though to check out too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts