SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I found a good CD reciever that will fit my car problem is it is ISO and my car uses the saab connector for the clarion...Anyway I would like to install it but a harness that would fit my car is 20 bucks.I FOUND the reciever so I really dont want to pay anyway near that much.so I plan to make a harness that will fit the stock saab connector and fit the ISO on the reciver.Can I use the connector on the back of the clarion?My OEM reciver is all but dead(lights up and thats about it)

Anyway if I use the connector could someone tell or better show pics of where all of the wiring would go?the reciever already an an ISO harness+wires)

thanks in advance...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Saab to ISO

I had the same problem as you. I went down the scrapyard and cut some connectors out cars. I cut the ISO connectors out a Vauxhall (GM, Opel, Whatever) and cut some Saab connectors out of my parts 900. They don't have to be the radio ones since all the connectors upfront are the same. Just make sure there are real pins in all the positions you need. After that it is just a case of soldering them together.

I might manage a photo for you this afternoon if you need it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I spliced the wires to the connector of the new radio. It's easy enough to do, and a soldering gun (or Cold Heat ;) ) will work well. If you go this route, make sure you use shrink tubing to cover the splices. I used small shrink tube for the cables and a thick one to wrap around the whole bunch to the base of the connector. Looks rather neater than originally because there are no lose wires.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics would be nice...I would like to get this done before thursday...Im going on a 6 hour drive one way...it would really be boring with no radio/CD/whatever...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Gearhead,

Sorry, couldn't get a picture. Just could not get the damn thing out. I didn't want to really go ripping the dash to pieces. Have you sorted something out yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts