SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been trying to trace a particular fault on my 2007 9-5 Combi where the cruise control and turn signal lights get really, really dim (the other dash lights remain unaffected). It can be tough to read at times.

The rheostat appears to adjust the rest of the lights just fine, even though the overall illumination is still dim for my taste.

I verified that rheostat uniformly changes the values of the illumination of the rest of the dash lights through my Tech II clone. The Tech II reads that "Indoor Light Sensor" is consistently at 0%, even with rheostat changes and a flashlight shined at the sun sensor. The plastic cover on the sun sensor claims to only let in UV light, and I've tested this both in a parking garage and outside in the early evening.

I've been crawling around EPC and WIS and found that this sun sensor is connected to the ACC unit, but none of the wires/pinouts for it in the WIS descriptions appear to link to the main instrument unit. Yet, a prior post in the 9-3 forums show a description from WIS linking the sun sensor to the instrument cluster illumination. The closest thing I found in WIS for an '07 9-5 linking these two is a description of illumination for the ODOMETER, noting that illumination for that works in tandem with the rheostat and an "interior light sensor" - yet, I cannot find anything about this sensor.

Does anyone have any clarity on this? I would love to have properly illuminated lights without throwing parts at the car.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Indoor light sensor is in MIU. You can see it, it is located between speedo and temp gauges in triangle.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
Nope.
MIU is single PCB and sensor is soldered in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts