SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping I have not overlooked a thread that addresses this, so forgive my ignorance if I have.

I have an '04 9-3 2.0T Convertible. I purchased September 2013.
I drove it until November until it began to snow in Ohio. No one wants to drive a convertible when there is a rusty 4 wheel drive Jeep in the driveway. ;-)

Anyways, I drove my car today and noticed that the passenger side headlight seemed to be flickering WITH the CAR OFF. I don't mean a bright flicker but a small almost unnoticeable flicker(think tea light candle brightness.) The flicker is perfectly timed and is going off every 1.5seconds.

Suggestions? It's almost midnight where I am so there is no stopping at a dealer or shop at the moment. I even went and started the car and the headlight comes fully on and then shut the car back off and candle light flicker continues. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution?

Did you ever find a solution? My 2003 9-3 is doing the exact same thing! When i turn off the car the headlight flickers one every about 1.5 seconds then stops after like 2 minutes. If i open the door it happens all over again..

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Why not replace the bulb?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hoping I have not overlooked a thread that addresses this, so forgive my ignorance if I have.

I have an '04 9-3 2.0T Convertible. I purchased September 2013.
I drove it until November until it began to snow in Ohio. No one wants to drive a convertible when there is a rusty 4 wheel drive Jeep in the driveway. ;-)

Anyways, I drove my car today and noticed that the passenger side headlight seemed to be flickering WITH the CAR OFF. I don't mean a bright flicker but a small almost unnoticeable flicker(think tea light candle brightness.) The flicker is perfectly timed and is going off every 1.5seconds.

Suggestions? It's almost midnight where I am so there is no stopping at a dealer or shop at the moment. I even went and started the car and the headlight comes fully on and then shut the car back off and candle light flicker continues. Any help would be appreciated.
Dont know if this helps but I had that issue when I installed LED fog lights I they keep flashing with the car off. What happens is, from what i read is that the car has circuitry to check for bad bulbs as you know when if something is not right or whatever at least with leds they keep pulsing and flickering. I dont know about you but I would replace the bulbs if they are halogen but I bet they are not.

In that case, take the covers off the back of your headlights and try switching the control box on the back of xenon bulb to the other side,(if you can i never tried it on mine) or maybe switch the bulb from side to side and see if it follows. they youll know brah. just brain storming.

if you got HID and need one 4300k thats the stock color temp supposedly

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts