SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I've been offered an even trade: My 92 900 n/a vert for a 95 900se, black on black, turbo, 5spd, well maintained, 2 owners with 145k.

It drives really really well, no rattles and the turbo spools up nicely...but if I trade my vert, that would leave me c900less since I got rid of my '89 a couple of months ago. I've ALWAYS had a c900 around, even if it's just a shell out in the back yard....but dang...the 95 is FAST and smooth.

I don't know squat about NG900's...I know it would take longer than a couple of hours to do a clutch:eek: and I know none of my spares will work...but I think this deal might be to good to turn down.

Any advice?...I'm really torn:eek:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
In the same condition, C900 convertible is a more valuable car than early NG900 turbo hardtop.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
According to Red Book (Australian price guide) they are worth the same ($6000 here) if in good condition, so it's a fair deal but hardly too good to turn down.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been leaning towards that direction...but the NG900 is a great car...and the turbo is rockin....I wish he wanted to trade a c900 turbo instead...then it would be an easy decision:cheesy:....the NG would be a great work car...I drive a lot...but I wouldn't even know where to start as far as repairs go...maybe I should just hold out.....sell the vert.... then upgrade to a c900 turbo.

I love the vert...but it is SLOW...I miss having a turbo

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yeah my 92 NA auto is pretty slow too,from a start.But once you get her rolling,it's not bad at all. My sister lives in Knoxville,and I know the people up there drive pretty fast and crazy.:D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
We used to drive to the mountains and Gatlinburg.There was a place(years ago)in Seymour,Tn.,where they had a yard full of Saabs(mostly older).But I never stopped though.You don't go fooling around people's property up in the hills:nono; .I'm coming up soon,maybe I'll brave it and stop.(if it's still there).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I know the place your talking about...I sold an '86 SPG to him...if it's the same guy....he was friendly...you should stop and say howdy:lol:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Keep the C900. A couple months back I got rid of my '85 NA - and I regret doing so. The vehicle I replaced it with is really nice - don't get me wrong - but it has no soul. Over time and distance it might develop one - it might become "mine" the way the 900 was - but trust me - you'll miss your C900 - even if it is a bit slow. You could always save up and buy yourself a 900T or an SPG in a couple years (that's my plan, once a couple kids are out of the house!).

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts