SaabCentral Forums banner

Dilema!

1225 Views 18 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  tucksayre
Should I change the oil in my car even though it has only been driven about 600 miles since the last change. Problem is,the last oil change was about a year ago.
The oil still looks almost new.What to do?:confused:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the dumbest (sorry) question I have EVER heard! Oil never goes bad. Its been sitting undergound for over 2000 years for goodness sake! It would only go bad after a LONG LONG time! By that I mean sitting in the engine for 30 years.
Sorry the question seemed so dumb! But I have heard that if a car sits for a long period of time,you should put fresh oil in.So,in theory,if you discover a car sitting in a barn for twenty years and want to restore it,you don't need to change the oil.Obviously I don't use my car that much.At the rate I'm going it would be about four years before a scheduled oil change.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the great advice guys! Up until a year or so ago the car was a daily driver,and I changed the oil and filter every two thousand miles( I know it was overkill,but I couldn't help myself;oops:).I always did it myself,and enjoyed doing it.Also I always start the car every few days and let it run awhile and drive around the island a little bit.
I use Valvoline 10/40 Maxlife,which is a synthetic blend.Never any problems,and at 200,000 miles I never have to add any oil.I took an early retirement,and living on a two by four mile island there isn't too many places to go. But, tomorrow I'm going to go out and change the oil:D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.