SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that is what it is called. The display above the radio that shows stations and warning, mpg, etc. Apparently these things are notorious for breaking... anyone have one that they KNOW works? Also - I need to see pics to make sure it is the correct unit. I think there were a couple of different models depending on options package.

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
The common name for these is the "SID" Saab Information Display. Try doing a search using sid and I bet you'll find a lot of info.

There are places that you can send them to for repair and also a couple things you can try at home.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sid 2

I have a SID2 that came out of a 1999 9-3 5-door model SE. It's a fresh remanufacture by BBA and I'll let it go for $150.00 including shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SID options

Thanks to you both. I think our 9.3 has a 3-button SID ("SID1"?). I'll check and get back with you. My mechanic was pretty particular about trying to find one that was the same as the one that came in our car a couple of years ago when he tried to find a used one for me. I assume that is because they are not interchangeable. Do you know?

I am definitely interested if either we have the 5-button model or they are interchangeable? Can you shoot me a pic?

Many thanks!

K

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,748 Posts
They are interchangeable - and the more buttons...the better. I just did a thread breaking down the various functions on the SID types...and I know there are articles here about the various features. Search for my posts - it is tied to my SIDs and ACCs for the 900NG for sale. (And no these will not work with your car :D)

·
Registered
606 Posts
they are interchangeable. i have a 99 9-3 as well and replaced my missing pixel sid1(3button) with a working sid2(5 button) and it works perfectly and has no isses. i also believe the sid2 has more features

1 - 8 of 8 Posts