SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working on getting to my heater core. I use some instructions I found on here for a different car but they have worked well so far. However, I have run into two issues:

1) The instructions were for a manual and I have an automatic. How do I removed the plastic around the gearshift so I can lift up the rest of the console?

2) There are two plastic pins above where the ACC is supposed to be (holding the middle/lower part of the dash to the rest of the dash) and I worked for almost an hour straight trying to pry them out with no success. I am able to feel around the back and touch the other end of the pins and have tried pushing them out that way, but it just makes for sore fingers. Does anyone have any tips for removing them?

At this point I am so close to getting to the heater core I don't want to have to take it to a mechanic because of a few stupid plastic things. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
119 Posts
the plastic clips holding the the console on will come out, i used a flathead screw driver and pried on the topside and they came out. could probably pry on them too. reguarding the plastic thing, i think the auto one just unscrews and flips over. i'll see if i can find the instructions but theres very good information here http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
The plastic fasteners above the ACC have a center pin that you push in, and then the whole fastener comes out very easily. They're just like the plastic rivets that are on the edges of the doors and underneath the dashboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts