SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide me with some advice on changing the right differential seal on my 1996 900 without removing the tranny? From the looks of it I have ALOT of stuff to remove to be able to remove the axle and replace this seal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys,

Matt

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Can anyone provide me with some advice on changing the right differential seal on my 1996 900 without removing the tranny? From the looks of it I have ALOT of stuff to remove to be able to remove the axle and replace this seal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys,

Matt
Why are we doing this ?
I hope you have the complete tool system, including air power. If there is a "leak" at the seal, the axle support bushing may be shot.
Good luck;ol;

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doing this because I had the car apart for most of the winter and the tranny sat without oil in it for sometime. I now have the car all back together and the seal is leaking. I assume they are shot from sitting with no fluid around them for sometime.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If only I would have thought to replace these seals when it was apart. :-( it was not leaking before

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts