SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i just have a few questions that i cant find the answer to on past threads. ok, so i have a t5 9-3 that i want to get more power out of. I put on the saab sport exhaust last weekend. The think i'm confused about is the ecu with different stages. so i have cat back and modified intake. if i were to get an ecu now and then get a down pipe and the MP intercooler (planning on doing), would i have to get a different ecu??? I'm eventually going to get a tdo4 turbo as well, will i have to get a different ecu to get the full potential out of the tdo4?? or does the ecu just "learn" new stuff when i add it? I hope this makes sense

thanks a ton

ben

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
It can "adapt" but to reach full potential you will have to have your ECU reprogrammed. You should now get the MBC+A as that can give you boost up to 15.5psi. Then whay I am doing is taking on the bolt ons then probably getting an ECU to tie them all together. And yes to get the full potential out of a TDO4 you will need an ECU upgrade.

Its late and Im in the middle of a paper, hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
There was a thread about this sort of thing created by redline. Basically it summed it up to do as much hardware as you can first. This was mostly an opinion out of conveinience. Getting an ecu reflash varies on price depending on the company. But it is mostly just the hassle of sending it back and all.

What I would do is perform all the hardware you know you're going to do anyways. Maybe pick up an mbc to run while you do this. When that is all done, go for the ecu. As for the td04, it follows the same line. If you know you're going to do if eventually, just wait and get the ecu after you do. A td04 without the appropriate software tuning won't deliver as much as if the software was made for it.

These are just my opinions, and what I am doing with my car as well. btw, I'm still debating about whether to wait on the ecu before or after the td04....I'm going to leave it up to fate. What I mean is whether I find a good used td04 or save enough for the ecu. Whichever comes first will be what I do first. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
well you're probably looking for a T5 9-3 ecu. The td04 never came on a t5 9-3. So this would have to be a custom set-up probably. If you gave any of the ecu companies a call they would be able to tell you more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts