SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I got the chance to drive the 2007 60th Anniversary 2.0T and I LOVED IT! The throttle response was quick, and overall, the vehicle was VERY comfortable.

I drive a 2003 ARC 2.0T and I want to know if there's any difference motor or tranny wise. I have an auto. and the 60th had an auto. as well.

There's no doubt that a lot of the kinks were taken care of by the time they made this car i'm speaking of more general differences.

I want to believe both the cars have the same power, but the 60th seems fairly faster...

any ideas??

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
i think the only difference you're feeling is a brand new car versus one that's nearly 5 years old.

wear and tear on all parts of the car will make it seem less peppy.. imagine how many times the turbo in our '03 models have spooled and dumped? even if it's a small bit less quick off the line.. !

i also think it might be more in your head.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Many components add up to percieved speed. Your suspension,frame is obviously looser giving more flex and less power applied to the road. Engines wear and lose compression.

The 07 has experienced many years of upgrades that were unadvertised such as shock valving, engine tune and other minor improvements. The main issue is however the age and your perceptions.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
With all honesty, I have noticed that my car drives quick whenever it wants and drives insanely fast every other time.

Maybe you just happened to drive the car whenever it was "feeling great." Keep in consideration that our beloved ECU keeps a habit of our driving style and supplies accordingly, so this is most probably the issue. And given this was a test drive car (usually floored much more), the ECU is probably supplying according to the driving style.

Off topic:
Adding on, with the cold weather now, I can certainly say that my car is MUCH MUCH MUCH faster than 2 weeks ago. It's like I added one other PPC. Its unreal :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hahaha i appreciate all of the views! It prob. is all in my head..

now.. the changes made between the 2003 and 2007, what would that run me at a Saab Dealership... are these changes affiliated with the recalls and TSBs on the previous models or are they evolving changes with the car? Changes that Saab just decided to add...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts