SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying used Aero shocks and spring set. I hope that will upgrade and slightly lower my turbo S suspension. Its comfortable as it is which I like, but tall with alot of space between the rear wheel and the guards. Ive got 15's but they will go soon to 16's (dont want the hard ride that comes with 17's)

Are the Aero shocks and springs very much harsher than standard and how much lower. Is it 10mm or more?

thanks m.

·
Registered
774 Posts
10mm lower and somewhat stiffer but IMO still very comfortable.
A good compromise I would say.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
1cm won't make much of a difference.
Unless it's a VERY good deal, I'd try getting some eibachs.
they'll go another Cm and a half, and they are progressively wound, so they don't get "aggressive" until you compress the first 3-4 coils.

As far as shocks, you can get KYBs cheap-like, or bilstein TC's

It's a little more pricey, but it's probably the most-refined/well-rounded ride you can get.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
musky said:
I'm looking at buying used Aero shocks and spring set. I hope that will upgrade and slightly lower my turbo S suspension. Its comfortable as it is which I like, but tall with alot of space between the rear wheel and the guards. Ive got 15's but they will go soon to 16's (dont want the hard ride that comes with 17's)

Are the Aero shocks and springs very much harsher than standard and how much lower. Is it 10mm or more?

thanks m.
If you're looking for 16's pm me, Im looking for some 17 viggen wheels but I need $$ to buy them with.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Oh damn, there I go not looking at the specifics again. Sorry man, I don't think either of us want to deal with those shipping costs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. Wheel shipping is $400 US 2 Oz I already checked on some wheels in the USA lol.

Cheers M.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Too bad your not stateside, I have a set for the front I pulled off a car that looks great.

According to the websites, Sachs/Boge with the blue stripe is for spots lowered chassis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts