SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lookin around for a diesel tuning box as i would like to upgrade the power on my car.:cheesy:
Whilst looking i found this compnay on ebay who sell them but, i am a little confused about why they have listed two different set of figures for the 150 bhp engine.:confused: I don't understand why one of them is 315nm torque and the other is 320nm torque. How do i know which one of the two is for my 2005 1.9Tid? Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAAB-TID-1-9-Diesel-Tuning-Performance-Chip-Box-9-5-9-3_W0QQitemZ250455806637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a505452ad&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
It plugs into the pressure sensor???? Keep away!!!!! You get what you pay for and your paying for trouble with that! Don't be a cheapskate go Hirsch or BSR only!!

I have hirsch upgrade..... Expensive but covered by Saab warranty.I get 175bhp and 370nm torque. Bsr is half the price and twice the power upgrade, I'd go bsr for 184bhp and 412Nm!!!! ;-)

I presume your car is the standard 150bhp 1.9TiD? Or is it the low power 120bhp version?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried one on yours then? Maybe I'll do a little more research on this, may consider either the hirsch or bsr upgrades too!

Yeah mine is the 150 standard! Still wanna know why there are too sets of torque figures for the same 150bhp engine??? lol

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The only tuning box I would ever consider is bsr because they are such a well respected company with tried and tested products and a warranty. Other companies offering boxes are out to make a quick buck and don't care if they damage your car. A tuning box fools the ecu into overfuelling at higher revs to create the extra power. This can blow your engine up if it's settings are not correct.

A remap like hirsch reprograms the ecu to control not only the fueling differently but also the turbo, compression and ignition timings to create the extra power.

A properly developed remap is much safer and more reliable than a box.
But like I said, if you can't afford a remap, I'd only touch bsr.....

That's just my opinion, if you want to risk it........ Go for it. Just keep us posted with the results.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My advice: don't go for a tuning box. These things disturb the info you car computer needs for proper functionality. You are risking particle filter malfunction and other problems with the elctronic control functions. Hirsch and BSR don't give you these problems, are thouroughly developed and do more than just cranking up power in a rather rude way as power boxes do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your advise, I did look at the BSR website last night and found one but there was no pricing!! :roll: So I'll see how much they are from them first, maybe I will keep away from the cheap nasty ones then! I'd rather leave it alone than blow up the car!;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only tuning box I would ever consider is bsr because they are such a well respected company with tried and tested products and a warranty. Other companies offering boxes are out to make a quick buck and don't care if they damage your car. A tuning box fools the ecu into overfuelling at higher revs to create the extra power. This can blow your engine up if it's settings are not correct.

A remap like hirsch reprograms the ecu to control not only the fueling differently but also the turbo, compression and ignition timings to create the extra power.

A properly developed remap is much safer and more reliable than a box.
But like I said, if you can't afford a remap, I'd only touch bsr.....

That's just my opinion, if you want to risk it........ Go for it. Just keep us posted with the results.
I was quoted approx 250 euro to remap my 150 Saab here in Ireland, ivtgibk it was Mfk auto but I'm not sure? Does this sound too cheap? Id be worried about what I'd actually receive for my money 🙈

1 - 8 of 8 Posts