SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Recently I used ultrasound and petrol to clean the injectors on my Z19DTH 1.9TDI Saab 9-3 2005. I used the haynes manual instructions to help me remove them and found alot of grime in the holes the injectors sit in, right down to the cylinder. I cleaned the injectors and used carb cleaner and cotton swabs to remove all the debris from the holes, preventing any from falling into the cylinder. After all was clean I fitted new copper washers to the injectors and refitted all the injector clamps to the correct torque of 25nm. I had to guess the torque of the high pressure fuel lines but tightened them up well. The car started strong and ran alot smoother than before (including an increase in MPG) recently I have noticed a significant build up of diesel around the base of the injectors. I have tried removing the diesel to see if it would fix itself, but sadly not. You can smell the diesel when you walk past and I'm concerned about the safety of having this much fuel around the engine bay, not to mention the amount I'm wasting! I would really appreciate any help or advice any of you may have! :cheesy:

Thanks,
John

·
Super Moderator
9,863 Posts
You won't find many users here with the diesel motor since this board is primarily for North American SAAB owners and North America never got the diesel model. You may want to try SaabScene for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts