SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: Hi!

My Saab 9-5 2.0t, Nordic Uhr step 1 tuning, is very hard to start when it is warm. If you shut it down and the tries to start it within a couple of minutes from shut down it will start, but the rpm will differ from 0-2000 rpm and the it shuts down at last. If hit the pedal/throttle as ju turn on the ignition and the starter and rev it up a couple of times then the engine rpm is stable and the engine will still be alive.
I have heard something about a type related error with a to big play in a damper shaft (glapp i spjällaxel in swedish)???

Regards
/Johan

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finn said:
Hi BJK welcome to Saab Central
What sparkplugs are you using?
Thank You!! :D

I´m using standard spark plugs (do not know the brand of those), but I do regular service at my Saab workshop and I suppose they use "normal" spark plugs as recommended in the service book.
But I will check myself!
Is there a known problem with with some brands of plugs or?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
While you are checking what they are have a look at their condition, are they oily, grey, covered in carbon etc.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I had the exact symptoms you describe, especially the hot start problem.

I went through a whole list of parts to cure it, but i think the final part made the difference!

1. Cleaned throttle body
2. Crankshaft position sensor replaced
3. Replaced throttle body
4. Replaced Fuel filter
5. Replaced fuel pump

Each part improved things but the fuel pump cured everything, if it happened again, I'd probably follow steps 1 then 4 then 5

They guys are right though, fresh correctly gapped plugs will help ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts