SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
US and EU markets have difference, if you flash EU version you'll get a bunch of codes refer to evap and fueling.
XWD version has 40RPXXX calibration code, FWD version has 41RPXXX calibration code,
I saw your message at trionictuning, i'll check that software and answer you there.
The current calibration code in my08 is 41RNHU00D, make sense to what you said.
The current calibration code in my07 is 30RMHU00B, which doesn't make sense. Looks like this ECM is down one version of software, as the current calibration part number is 55564393, The latest is 55573306.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hey 20_MB,

Thanks to you, I purchased a ECM from a 06 aero and was able to replace my working ECM in my 07.
Using the following steps:
Read the original ECM with CanFlasher and saved the BIN
Installed the one I purchased and flashed it with the BIN I saved using CanFlasher
Used the TECH2 to married the ECM to the car.
Started right up.
So you are right that I can use a different part numbered ECM and get it working.

I also have been reading up on my options going forward, trying to increase the HP on both of my Aero’s. Correct me if I have it wrong.

By using WinOLS and mappacks (for the right configure) I can compare the differences between my 250HP BIN and a 280HP BIN (or even higher ones) and make adjustments.

If this is correct, once the changes are made do I need to run a checksum program?
Do I need to flash the complete bin or just the configure part?

Thanks for your patience and help, this is been a heck of a learning curve for me.

·
Registered
SAAB 9³ SS Aero AT MY06 Stage 3
26 Posts
By using WinOLS and mappacks (for the right configure) I can compare the differences between my 250HP BIN and a 280HP BIN (or even higher ones) and make adjustments.
It will not work, those files have too many differences.
The safiest way to increase power is to find somebody in your region with stock 280hp software and download it. You can flash it on 08+ cars whithout changing. If you you want to use it on 06-07 car you have to change camshaft sensor values. You can find information what to change on trionictuning.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know the 06 aero used physical different cam sensors, but I thought 07+ were all the same. I saw the post about changing the values, do you know what the differences between the 07 and 08+. Just curious on that one.

Any idea if it is possible to flash a AWD bin into a FWD car? I’m pretty sure those were the only ones, in the US, that were 280hp.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
SAAB 9³ SS Aero AT MY06 Stage 3
26 Posts
If this is correct, once the changes are made do I need to run a checksum program?
Do I need to flash the complete bin or just the configure part?
If you want to change something in software you need to download 2mb calibration read (It's only possible in old can flasher version 1.56). If you run WinOls 2.24 it already has built in checksum correction, if you worry about it, send it me via PM and i'll check it.
I know the 06 aero used physical different cam sensors, but I thought 07+ were all the same. I saw the post about changing the values, do you know what the differences between the 07 and 08+. Just curious on that one.
It depends on engine #, take a look at this thread Cam Wheel Settings.
Any idea if it is possible to flash a AWD bin into a FWD car? I’m pretty sure those were the only ones, in the US, that were 280hp.
Thanks again!
Yes it's possible, but you'll spend a lot of time to get your fuel gauge work properly. I tried to do this, car runs great, but fuel gauge always shows empty tank, I know it's possible to fix it, but i didn't want to waste time on it...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts