SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the update for "jerk at light throttle" and the car is back to stock it seems. Car is slower and boost level is back to oem levels.
I contacted BSR a couple of weeks ago to ask if this update was ok and they said it would be just fine--I guess they were wrong.

I just sent them an e-mail asking what I should do as I haven't tried to reload the BSR software.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Received a prompt e-mail back from them saying this is normal and to just retune the car which I'll do soon.

Customer service is very good with these Swedes!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, update.

Tried to tune the car and it said to "sync with server" which I did. Uploaded the PPC info and downloaded updated software from their server.

Just tuned the car with the new software and am back to normal:p yippee!

And btw, drove about 600 miles today in stock without the BSR tuning--boy is it a difference going back to stock after 20,000 of BSR tuned miles.
Biggest thing I noticed that in stock form I was frequently going up to and over 4,000 rpm. With the BSR tuning I rarely ever get above 3,000 rpm:suprised; The car has SOOOOO much low end torque and boost you are at whatever speed you need to be typically before the engine is anywhere near 4,000 rpm.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Cosmicflash said:
Just tuned the car with the new software and am back to normal:p yippee!
Well done Cosmic :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mileage with and without?

Since you have the same basic vehicle as me, I am curious what the change in gas mileage is using the BSP upgrade.

If significantly better, I might be able to justify some of the cash outlay to the wife! Wouldn't take much to convince me alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts