SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Hoping y'all can help and give me good news. So unfortunately my baby has been getting some terrible neglect from thanks to my health and that has led to my car sitting with the gas tank a 1/4 full while we get just ridiculous amounts of rain and high humidity for weeks at a time here in Texas. Well unfortunately I had to make a sudden trip to finish a move (since I can only do so much) and my car had been running even more rough than usual. Basically just about dying at idle and essentially choking itself when trying any acceleration at highway speeds. This led me to the assumption there was moisture in my gas tank.

Sorry for the huge explanation but had to set that up to explain the problem. Basically I was desperate and was in NAPA buying oil and couldn't decided what to do. Part of my symptoms from TBI is memory loss and issues with problem solving so I forgot about the "no additives" thing and so I bought a bottle of heet (I asked the guy there if it was okay and he said yes). Well now my CEL is on. Gonna go have checked here in a bit (it could just be bad fuel which happens to me sometimes).

tl;dr how bad is it for our cars to add heet to a tank to try and remove moisture? :confused:

·
Registered
136 Posts
OBD2 reader: Check codes. Write them down and clear.
Research codes on this incredible website.
Techron https://www.walmart.com/ip/16647989...75035&wl11=online&wl12=16647989&wl13=&veh=sem
works great...
Disconnect the battery ( if you have a battery charger... charge the battery; makes a big difference) for 15 minutes, clean terminals.
Inspect engine vacuum hose's.
Hopefully the fully charged battery with it's newly cleaned terminals and (two for the 9-3's size tank 20 total oz's) bottle's of Techron will make a difference... None of this will make it worse... Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.