SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im new here so Ill keep it short.

I just bought a new 2005 9-3 Arc. It has the wood trim interior, seemed fast enough.. but theres one problem....

The Arc is the higher powered 2.0T engine. Isn't this capital "T" supposed to be shown on back rightside of the car? Mine says "2.0t", with the "t" lowercase.....I still have the car's sticker...says 210 bhp...2.0T enigine...:eek: Whats the best way to verify my engine's horsepower?

Thanks

-AC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Wow, that's different. The only major difference between the engines is the turbos. The Linear has a Garrett turbo while the Arc and Aero has the Mitsubishi turbo. In the US all Arcs are suppose to have the larger Mitsubishi turbos but overseas they also have the 175hp engines in the Arcs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, The interior makes me think its a standard Arc, while the lettering on the back makes me think it has at least a weaker engine...

I doubt its one of the overseas model..I got it at an American Dealership...and besides, I paid extra to have the 210 bhp that the sticker said it had...looks like Ill be taking a trip to the dealer tommorow. :roll:

Ill keep everyone informed on this wierd problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Look @ the VIN

ACDimps said:
Well, The interior makes me think its a standard Arc, while the lettering on the back makes me think it has at least a weaker engine...

I doubt its one of the overseas model..I got it at an American Dealership...and besides, I paid extra to have the 210 bhp that the sticker said it had...looks like Ill be taking a trip to the dealer tommorow. :roll:

Ill keep everyone informed on this wierd problem
Check the VIN # listed on the sticker to see if it matches the VIN on the car. The VIN # on the car can be found by looking from outside towards the windshield to the lower right hand side.

Either the sticker does not match or the badge is wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,160 Posts
Someone w/ an '03 arc a long time ago had the similar problem. Someone in Sweden grabbed the wrong "T" for the back of the car.

If (after checking the VINs) you're still in doubt, test drive an Aero w/ the same transmission. It should be just as fast as your Arc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
2 Things Could Have Happened.


1) the car could have been whacked in the trunk and the body shop put the wrong badge on.

2) the trolls could have had a hangover
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,945 Posts
Welcome to Saabcentral!

Try this: look at the 8th digit of the VIN. I also suggest looking to see if the VIN is the same in the front window and the driver side door.
S=2.0t
Y=2.0T

Let us know what you find...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Viscouse said:
Welcome to Saabcentral!

Try this: look at the 8th digit of the VIN. I also suggest looking to see if the VIN is the same in the front window and the driver side door.
S=2.0t
Y=2.0T

Let us know what you find...
Juuuuust checked it... sure enough theres a "Y"... looks like someone at the factory put the wrong T on my car :nono;

Im off to the dealer anyway, though, to fix another small problem... maybe Ill just bring this issue it up with him for kicks

Cya! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
ACDimps said:
Juuuuust checked it... sure enough theres a "Y"... looks like someone at the factory put the wrong T on my car :nono;

Im off to the dealer anyway, though, to fix another small problem... maybe Ill just bring this issue it up with him for kicks

Cya! :cool:
Get him to replace the T. You paid for it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
If that was me, someone would be in choke hold of death from dealer. I wouldnt stand for such a gaffe... Weeks of driving wit people thinkin you got a base model, sooo uncool... lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
975 Posts
SwizzDrums said:
If that was me, someone would be in choke hold of death from dealer. I wouldnt stand for such a gaffe... Weeks of driving wit people thinkin you got a base model, sooo uncool... lol
I couldnt agree more....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
SwizzDrums said:
If that was me, someone would be in choke hold of death from dealer. I wouldnt stand for such a gaffe... Weeks of driving wit people thinkin you got a base model, sooo uncool... lol
Yea... but don't you have a Linear? :lol:
~D.J.~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
saab19 said:
linears might not be as fast as an arc or aero, but we can still move pretty well
Actually, if I did more in-town driving, I would be more attracted to the Linear for it's lack of turbo lag. I like my toys and drive 95% highway though... hence my Arc obsession.
~D.J.~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Krg05-9-3 said:
And the most important reason of all. You payed for it...show it off!
Hmm, then you will think I'm crazy! The first thing I did to my Aero was remove the 9-3 numbers and A-e-r-o letters. I prefer a de-badged rear end plus it's easier to polish and wax. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
I'd also check the cars history just in case there was an "incident" they are not telling you about.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top