SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few references that a SIS Registry used to exist, but the link is dead. My company firewall won't let me to the wayback machine at archive dot org, so I can't see if it is in there. Does anyone have the the data from that site saved?

The sites address was http://www.vlphotos.com/saabsis.html

I am looking at buying a SIS, so I am trying to educate myself as much as possible.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just had a look at the site via the archive, the last pages available were from April 2007. There is a registry of 13 names and quotes the following information about the car

"1988 was the only model year they made the Springtime in Sweden Edition 900 Turbo Convertible. They were a special model. SAAB only made one of for every US dealer, I hear there were 288 of them made.
The Springtime in Sweden edition looked like a convertible version of the SPG but wasn’t called an SPG – there was never an SPG convertible model from Saab, only a few special edition models very much like the SiS but offered in different colors.
The SiS’s were 900 convertibles with the turbo 2.0L 4 cyl. Mine came with the Saab red APC box, leather interior, SPG trim and SPG rims and no 900 or Turbo badges. I think the engine was rated at 175hp with the red APC box, otherwise it's just like a 1988 900T SPG model but convertible. One thing I did notice was that they don’t seem to have the lower springs like the SPG’s.

To show it's a Springtime in Sweden Edition, there's the commemorative badge (below) located on the glove box door.

They have dark grey leather interior, all black exterior paint and grey SPG body panels."

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just tried using my Blackberry and I can see it using that. It appears that there was some good info, I am going to PDF what's there tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts