SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Mimmi is right as always, 9-5 dash trims are real wood.

I think the dark walnut is too dark for the older 9-5s, but it might work in the later cars as the seats certainly became a lighter shade. I'm not sure about the dash plastics on the later cars, though--aren't they pretty black?

It's still pretty easy to find mint dash fascias for pre-'06 in a variety of woods. The problem is that the console fascias tend to delaminate and have stains from spills. Again, I'm not sure if you can swap between -2005 and 2006- cars. The 2006- cars have a variety of fascias too, though the biggest difference between some of them is if the vent knobs are chromed or not!

It is not proper to have mismatched dash and console trim. :cheesy:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mimmi is right as always, 9-5 dash trims are real wood.

I think the dark walnut is too dark for the older 9-5s, but it might work in the later cars as the seats certainly became a lighter shade. I'm not sure about the dash plastics on the later cars, though--aren't they pretty black?

It's still pretty easy to find mint dash fascias for pre-'06 in a variety of woods. The problem is that the console fascias tend to delaminate and have stains from spills. Again, I'm not sure if you can swap between -2005 and 2006- cars. The 2006- cars have a variety of fascias too, though the biggest difference between some of them is if the vent knobs are chromed or not!

It is not proper to have mismatched dash and console trim. :cheesy:

I think the vent knobs have a chrome bushing in the anniversary and maybe the aero in some of the later years. The silver dash reminded me of an old aircraft in my 07, especially with the map light and seat belt sign.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts