SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an android head unit and I hate it, it's slow, it has an ugly UI, Bluetooth is hit or miss. Steering wheel controls, however, do work.

I'm looking at the original nav unit and I'm wondering if anyone has actually pulled off a successful reroute? I read somewhere that someone grabbed an existing harness, the bit with the aux in out of an 06 (I think) and with some soldering, was able to reroute it. I hate running the cable from the front let alone having a Bluetooth adapter sticking out of the front.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you have a combi, the adapter needs to be installed in the rear drivers side c pillar. I do not have personal experience with this mod, but there's a lot of good feedback on the facebook groups. Something I will be doing in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for posting this. Also is there a full walk-through or video for removing those c pillars specifically for the sportcombi wagon? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can use the USA-SPEC PA20-GM for a wired connection that uses the steering wheel controls and Nav display for artist and track info, or the BT45-GM20 for Bluetooth. I prefer wired because Bluetooth audio quality is variable by equipment and BT version. The owners manual for the PA20-GM shows installation on HU’s with and without XM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts