SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 9-3 and am having some interior electrical issues. From what I have been able to determmine it is probably my DICE or Integrated Electronics module. Can anyone confirm this based on the following issues.

Everytime I get back in the car or just turn off/on the ignition switch the following occurs: Loss of blower, wipers, back-up lights, and rear window defroster, as well as heated seats, and probably a few other things I haven't noticed. The weird thing is if I push in the recirculating button or the a/c switch I regain the fan blower and wipers....BUT when I push in the heated seats switch (either one) I lose the blower and wipers again. I had seen a similar issue in a previous thread, but can't find it now.

If anyone has had a similar issue or could confirm the DICE before I spend the money, I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I would need the schematic for the ICE or DICE(dashboard integrated central electronics), and the newer model Saabs...

More than likely we have a problem with the ignition switch - but this is but a guess...

As usual, follow the cheapest route - service the battery/charging system.. ..this must be known to be good...

Bridge the wiper relay solenoid lead (in order to bypass the ICE)at the ICE and see what happens..But this is not the best course of action as many items seem to be running amuck..
But this should either clear or convict the ICE unit..
Of course, I have never had any problems of this nature - other than a b u m battery or a shot starter.. or a worn out motor drawing too much current and blowing fuses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.