SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've seen some talk about a DIC recall for certain years/models.
what exactly are the specifics of this?
does this apply if i bought the car used from a small indy dealer?

·
Registered
579 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Why is is that all this good stuff is happening in the UK and not the US what the hell.
UUmm, the recall is everywhere...I had mine swapped out last time I went to the dealer to get a new battery

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have cheked mine..and it is a recall. I just have to find the time to leave the car at the saab dealer for a day while I am at work....because they have to reprogramm the ECU to for it to be compatible with the new DIC. Will have it changed in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just have to find the time to leave the car at the saab dealer for a day while I am at work....because they have to reprogramm the ECU to for it to be compatible with the new DIC.
I should check that if I was you.

Mine took about 30 minutes from driving in to driving out!!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
51-HOTaero said:
I should check that if I was you.

Mine took about 30 minutes from driving in to driving out!!
Same. I had lunch while they did it.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
There is a sofware update which has enhanced diagnostics for DI's so it can help them at a later stage on your car...........

However if its got a tuned ECU - I wouldnt let them near it :nono;

Its not an essential upgrade, DI's are "plug and play"

·
Registered
312 Posts
well. I`ll let them do what they have to do...and no its not a tuned ECU.....yet. they told me either to book workshop time and it they told me it took about an houre. ore just drive by and leave the the car there in the morning and get it in the afternoon without booking workshop time ( they will programm the car while waiting for other customers)
The only crappy thing is that the saab shop and my work is in the oposite sides of the town. Ill have to wait until i can loan my brothers car for a day. And that will happen within a week ore two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts