SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not too long ago there was a Saab on ebay that was for parts and located about 15min from my house so I called the guy who had put it up and offered him to buy the car straight up and pick it up. We agreed to $500 so I called the other Mark (Spoolin900se) to see if he wanted to split it with me, which he did.

It was a 95 900s 2.3 with a minor front end wreck, and what turned out to be a whole in the block.

But what we have found was that it had crossdrilled rotors, Rockford Fosgate Punch 3.5" and 6x9" speakers, and just a bunch of accories that are in good shape but need some cleaning.

That and we get to have the fun of ripping a car apart:cheesy:.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What about the chassi?..... was it ok? I mean was the suspension in the front undamaged?.... strip it of everything.. get an old turbo engine and make it a track car... ;)

If you strip it for real.. you can get it down to about 2200lb.
Lowered, 270bhp and 2200lb with race shox and 17" race wheels and tires..Yummie.. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chassi should be fine, front suspension is fine also. We had thoughts about getting a 2.3 9000 turbo engine probably from a CSE as they are cheaper than the Aeros.

We are stripping it of almost anything and we are keeping an eye out for that engine to make it possibly a drag car or atleast a track only one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah i was really disapointed when we found out it had a hole in the block cause i wanted to turbo it to see if it could handle it and answer some questions for those NA people out there that want to do it. It would have been so easy. Ihave my old T25 sitting in my garage along with a turbo manifold and my stock down pipe and mid pipe. The block has all the coolant and oil taps there just with plugs in them. Take my old MBC off my car that i dont use any more and just run like 5 or 7 psi. It would have been great, and if it did blow then thats just an excuse to get a 2.3 turbo engine like Mark2 was talkin about. So if any one out there has a 2.3 NA engine they would like to donate for the project, let us know and we will do it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI I am Mark1 youre Mark2 :cool:

·
Registered
642 Posts
posted on other thread but I'll ask here too, do you still have the inner fender plastic pieces, believe its called the wing liner, I need both sides.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey i emailed you, responded to threads both here and on saablink, and pm'd you on both forums mark900se.

anyway, i am really interested in those 3.5" rockford speakers, so i have a few questions:
1) any problems with them?
2) how much do you want for them?
3) what model are they?

pics would be nice too.

thanks, dan

·
Registered
919 Posts
mark, anything you find that i might want... let me know ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts