SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Yes
Yes
Earlier 9-3's use the red T5 DI, later use black T7 DI's
Don't know, try PartsforSaabs for the part number. ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Don't know, try PartsforSaabs for the part number. ;)
55569955 ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
There's lots on ebay that seem to be the ones swapped out under the recal...............still hopefully yours will be fine.

I'm sure you checked the serial numbers.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
Ok folks its finally happened, SAAB UK have issued a "service campaign" to all dealers for a DI check. If you are on a dealers list then they should be contacting you if your vehicle falls into the following criteria.....

All B205 & B235 engines for the MY00-02 and V6 models for MY01-03

DI's are checked for serial no and only replaced if between range, also there is retroactove reimbursment if you have replaced a DI and Cat within 3mnths or 3,000 miles of a failed DI, this has to be on a computer produced invoice and will cover parts and labour

If you look at your VIN number on 4cyl engines its 10th digit being Y-1-2 and v6 9-5 10th digit 1-2-3, so if you have a my99 car registered in 00 its not covered, like wise if you have an 03 car registered in 02 its not covered.

DI serial no's
b205/b235 d000000-d336210 or b083821-b096117
b308 c048743-f000999

Please not this is NOT a recall, its a "service campaign" which means the onus is on the dealers to contact anybody with a vehicle that falls into the specified MY/engine specs. If you are not on a dealers database then you will not get any notification, its up to you to take the vehicle in to get it checked.
See above..........................

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
DI serial no's
b205/b235 d000000-d336210 or b083821-b096117
b308 c048743-f000999

There's another cheap one on ebay.co.uk and seller informed the serial number as d287289 so this is also faulty.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270184467455&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Mine was in it's original packaging. I'm still waiting answer from my seller and it looks like he prefers not to say anything :x . Anyone familiar with this seller?:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120180475510&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

Sellers ebay website:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsalvogroupltd

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Yes - They are the numbers that Saab are changing under the recal / campaign

This is because some of them have been known to fail, some causing catastrophic catalytic converter failure others causing fires :eek:

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think I got f**ked with one of these also from scrapbay for $50.00

Just asking, should still be good to test with or run car a day or two as a spare right?

CSE_20

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
stipud said:
If it's part of the recall, couldn't you trade it in at the Saab dealership for a free new one?
Possibly :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
stipud said:
If it's part of the recall, couldn't you trade it in at the Saab dealership for a free new one?
If your car hasn't already been serviced under the recall, you can put the old one on the car and take it in - it will be replaced. Only one time per car though.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Over here, to get the money back from Saab, the dealer replacing the DI has to send them the serial number of the one replaced as well as the car's details.......................

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
cse_20 said:
I think I got f**ked with one of these also from scrapbay for $50.00

Just asking, should still be good to test with or run car a day or two as a spare right?

CSE_20
The old ones work just fine in the vast majority of cases. I would have no trouble at all using one as a spare.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Over here, to get the money back from Saab, the dealer replacing the DI has to send them the serial number of the one replaced as well as the car's details.......................
My assumption is that a 'replaced under warranty or recall' part needs to go back to Saab so it should never be back in circulation.... possibly that's a bad assumption....

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
MacNoob said:
My assumption is that a 'replaced under warranty or recall' part needs to go back to Saab so it should never be back in circulation........
I'd hope so too ;)

G

·
Chris 9-5 said:
I'd hope so too ;)
I had mine replaced under recall. One was within the serial # recall and the other wasn't(replaced by previous owner). Saab replaced both. I asked for the "good" one back, but they wouldn't give it to me as per the recall. I got one off of e-bay and the serial # was just outside the recall parameters. BTW, I have the V6, so I needed 2.

Are they getting back into circulation? Buyer Beware. Ask for the serial # first before purchasing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts