SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 9-5 with the 2.3 L engine. I have replaced the DI cassette twice since owning the car (bought the car at 70,000 miles now has 142,000 miles).

Recently, on two separate occasions, the car has completely died while driving at speed. Engine turns off, without sputtering, just like turning the key off. After being lucky enough to have an immediate place to pull over both times the car started right back up without a problem then drives normally.

My questions:
1. I suspect the problem is the DI cassette...do others agree? or could this be something else? Besides the above issue, the car has been working, starting, and sounding fine.

2. I was under the assumption that the DI cassette should last a while and that after replacing it once (or twice in my case) that it would be good to go for a while. Do DI cassettes die that often? They should be called DIE cassettes.

Thank you for the help!
Bill

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
if your replacing the di cassette with non genuine ones then that could be your problem as they are not known to last. also have you checked for codes, vacuum leaks...the basics? ever had your oil pan dropped for sludge build up?
there are many posibilities as to why your car just cut off, but since its happened more than once I would start taking it serious and do a once over for any other issues that can cause it or may arrise

·
Registered
369 Posts
Before replacing anything I'd run it with a code reader attached and see if it detects the reason for the cut-out. An ELM 327 that connects to your laptop costs less than any spare part you will put on and will hopefully tell you the exact cause.

I had a random misfire when the reader identified as a pending CPS failure, saves a lot of hassle and expense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts