SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dear all!

My name is Tristan and I'm from Belgium.

I come to you for a question regarding the DI/APC modification for a 9000 cc 2l turbo from 1991.
This is an hatchback version with the Carlsson (or airflow) body kit. It's 1991 one so it has the "slope" grill.

It's a car from Italy where they had some restrictions about the power. So this model was supposed to be a 2,3l turbo but it's a 2l. Same for the 9000 aero which was a 2l turbo in Italy!

In other european countries, this model was supposed to have 204hp with the red DI/APC box.
This one has the red DI/APC box but "only" delivers 188hp according to the papers.

The fact that's a "rare" model is not good because I can't find any information about how to chip it and so on....The injection system is a bosch LH 2.4.x and not a LH 2.2 or 2.4.
So it doesn't have a map pressure sensor but a temp sensor like the 2,3.

The airflow meter is not the classical 017 like you can find on previous 2l turbo models but a 018! :eek: It should be close to the 017 but I don't know the difference.

So, I have been told that the DI/APC box was not tuneable on this model (previously you could change a resistance and increase the boost).
I'd like to find a chip to adjust the boost and the ignition at the same time.
Regarding the fuel ECU, I can find a chip strangely.

My fuel ECU is the Bosch 0 280 000 904.
My DI/APC box has the ref 137008413 with some more info on a sticker:
DI 3.0 LE01
4088-42 9046

Could someone help me on this please?

The other possibility for me is to chip the fuel ECU (+15% of fueling during high load) and install a manual valve to adjust the boost but then I don't have the APC security! ;oops:

Thanks for your help guys!

Tristan

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answer!

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to tune by myself. I know by experience (I have been working in powertrain calibration for automatic transmission before) that you have to spend a lot of time on the road to have something reliable.

I just look for a chip which will give me a little bit more boost with basically an standard basis (except complete abbott 2,5", forge dump valve, ITG filter)

Thanks guys!

Tristan

·
Registered
281 Posts
from the info i have seen, the last b202 in a US spec 9000 was in 1990 turbocharged. along with intro of the b234 was LH2.4.2.

maybe they are tuning chips for LH2.4 only....which include non-US market 9000's???

always was interested in one of there chips, but if they are not for 2.4.2 then guess that is out.

Im still confused on what exactly 9K you have, think WE need some fotos!:lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
ohhh!! i ve just found out your ECU is a non-cat one!

possibly programed very different to other LH's:cry: maybe they cant supply YOU with a chip?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some pictures of my car:

indeed, they can't provide me with a chip....:(

Looks like my car is the only B202 equipped with LH2.4.2 in 1991!

(this is an Italian version....if I had known it was so special! ;))

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you for your answer.

Strangely, I can't post pictures......it needs to be approved by moderators but it's never approved! :confused:

indeed, they can't provide me with a suitable chip with europe specs....

I will have a talk with Jak! :cheesy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts