SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would make a simple update thread regarding my 9-3 daily. Had since new and about to cross over 200K soon. Apart from brakes and suspension everything else original. Ofc fluids/filters/plugs changed at appropriate intervals. Next job on list will be full (no subframe) suspension refresh and 4 motor mounts. Exhaust almost done as I had always preferred some tips showing.

Repainted in BMW Oxford Green metallic this fall. Far from perfect but being a daily in Detroit, it’ll get ruined soon enough. I need to clean it up and take some proper photos.

I’m looking for a 6spd clutch kit if any one has they never used. I’ll keep the thread updated with maintenance, etc. Thanks for all the DIY tutorials, those are fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
37 Posts
wow, sorry I missed this response, hahah small world. I still have an e30, rusty eta sedan, I am hopeful to have it out for summer duty in 2020 but we'll see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there some sort of meet at IKEA?
In the summer, IKEA canton there is a group of saabs and I think volvos that meet up on sunday mornings. Full disclosure I haven't been there myself but I see posts and pictures of it on the greater detroit saab club facebook group.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well not much has been going on with it. It needs a clutch and due to time was going to have a local shop complete, but with working from home I may tackle that myself. Slips in 6th if you make it. 206K in original clutch pretty good.

Rear exhaust was unable to fit the 2 aftermarket mufflers, and with out them it sounds gross. Think Cobalt SS. So I picked up a local stock aero axle back and will weld that up with Magnaflow tips.

Soon as Covid is “solved” I’ll slap in the rear suspension refresh and put the NANKANG NS-25 on the Aero wheels. After sitting outside for a while they cleaned up enough to match the car. Hit with Griots Compound and Meguiars UFF.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slight update. Had the clutch/flywheel replaced. Stock lasting 207K was promising. Everything else original, stay strong coils!

I got the rear aero diffuser mounted and stock aero exhaust. I enjoy nice quiet drive. Sold the aero wheels as I’m on the hunt for more rare double y. I need to get the paint sealed before winter but it’s holding up ok. Acting as a parts hauler for other projects.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts