SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh good. Although it's in great shape I wasn't sure if it is priced too high. I focused on "good" condition as defined by BB values.

·
Registered
378 Posts
IDK. KBB shows $2400, Edmunds shows $692. But then again you didnt post any details. 4dr? Vert? V6? I assumed blk 4dr 4cyl

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IDK. KBB shows $2400, Edmunds shows $692. But then again you didnt post any details. 4dr? Vert? V6? I assumed blk 4dr 4cyl
All the details are in the ad. I was hoping you'd read them there as I don't know how to link here. I'm not selling my car for $692.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
FWIW, I paid $1000 for my '97 SET w/144-k miles around two years ago. So, it just depends if someone has to have an inexpensive DD or if someone wants a fair-weather car... Ron

·
Registered
378 Posts
All the details are in the ad. I was hoping you'd read them there as I don't know how to link here. I'm not selling my car for $692.
yeah, didnt know there was an ad on here for it. Looks good though.

The problem becomes that at that age and miles it becomes a bit of a grey area on price. Book value isnt always 'the value' ...

·
Registered
719 Posts
The problem becomes that at that age and miles it becomes a bit of a grey area on price. Book value isnt always 'the value' ...
I agree, NADA says my truck is still worth almost $3100 at 318k+ miles and fair condition for retail. No way I'd ever get that, nor expect to....

SwedishLoyalty,
It depends, I've seen some around me go for that and above. I however own 3 Saabs purchased 2-3 years ago, '94 was ~86K miles and mint, the '98 vert 102K and VG condition, and my '99 now DD needed work. They ranged from $700 to $2400....... It would be too much for me.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, that's the question. The Blue Book value seems not as reliable as Edmunds. If I have to accept less than a grand though, I'll keep it and garage it.

I mean I'm seriously living below the poverty level now. It's been months since I've even been able to fill up the gas tank.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
"Retail" is a sale through a dealer with cleanup, warranty, etc.

A personal sale is considered more a wholesale transaction.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yeah, that's the question. The Blue Book value seems not as reliable as Edmunds. If I have to accept less than a grand though, I'll keep it and garage it.

I mean I'm seriously living below the poverty level now. It's been months since I've even been able to fill up the gas tank.
Do you have it listed on CL or anywhere else? It's all about finding the right buyer.

·
Registered
719 Posts
"Retail" is a sale through a dealer with cleanup, warranty, etc.

A personal sale is considered more a wholesale transaction.
I only threw that in to show how absurdly high and low some of these sites are. I generaly do not pay over auction value or at most trade in for any vehicle I purchase. Even at dealerships I have asked them to open the little drawer and offered "x" over what they gave for it for a fair profit. I'm always willing to walk away, and have many times.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you have it listed on CL or anywhere else? It's all about finding the right buyer.
That's my next step. Although I looked on CL 2 days ago and saw a ton of Saabs for sale. I wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not.

I'll clean it up real good tomorrow and take thorough interior/exterior pics. I must admit though, it will be hard to part with. This car is fast!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I only threw that in to show how absurdly high and low some of these sites are. I generaly do not pay over auction value or at most trade in for any vehicle I purchase. Even at dealerships I have asked them to open the little drawer and offered "x" over what they gave for it for a fair profit. I'm always willing to walk away, and have many times.
Understand - I only mention it because I think a lot of people think "retail" includes them "retailing" it to another private person.

I buy cars very seldom, but I check prices on some of these sites like Edmunds from time to time. The retail prices seem, to me, to usually be pretty high compared to what I see people actually getting for them.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yes - it seemed clear. Lots of people "don't want to." You are apparently one of them

They start saying things like, "fixing xx would cost more than the car is 'worth,' so I am going to get rid of it instead..."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts