SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What features are a must have in the 9-2x?
For me, it's a nice leather interior, climate control, and nice radio, I expect the rest to be something I could find else where.
AO
Lets try to have a post that stays civil and open...
;) right garry?

·
Registered
165 Posts
A civil thread, that's what I'm talking about :)

I'd like well-bolstered leather (or alancarta, keep costs down) sport seats for one. Nice gauges maybe, I like the STi's gauge cluster but I don't know if something like that would be fitting for the Saab (?). Heh we could probably start a controvertial thread on the gauges alone... :p

I'd like a nice grippy steering wheel too, like the MOMO wheel in the WRX now...but that probably wouldn't make it into the SAAB, just a guess.

OH OH and I really really want Xenon HIDs...with projector beam units, if it's not too much to ask.

Finally, I'd like the 9-2X Viggen option. You know, the one with the Active Center Differential and the 2.5L 300HP flat-4 and 6 speed :p I wish... :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
A completely gutted one, something like the Evo 8 RS package. Give me no A/C, stereo, ABS, carpet, sound-deadening mats, light weight shell seats (or better yet, no seats at all so I can pick 'em), and provisions for roll cage mounting points. Give me all that and the STi engine/drivetrain options and I'll be ready to hit the ClubRally circuit in no time. The nice part about the Evo 8 RS is that it's cheaper than the standard Evo 8. (About $27K)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
a decent cup holder in a good location would be good for a start.
You're kidding me....arn't you? :eek: :eek:
I'd suggest a hiking pack turned round with a bottle tube supply to your mouth. :wink:
Or buy drinks with stoppers in the top of the bottle.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Marrk said:
a decent cup holder in a good location would be good for a start.
You're kidding me....arn't you? :eek: :eek:
I'd suggest a hiking pack turned round with a bottle tube supply to your mouth. :wink:
Or buy drinks with stoppers in the top of the bottle.
Its just one of those items that always seem to be catered for best with after market items.... Look at the gm900... nowhere to secure a can but some good after market door pocket can holder's exist.
A cup holder does exist between the seats, just where your elbow rests unfortunatly :|

·
Registered
25 Posts
8valvegrowl said:
A completely gutted one, something like the Evo 8 RS package. Give me no A/C, stereo, ABS, carpet, sound-deadening mats, light weight shell seats (or better yet, no seats at all so I can pick 'em), and provisions for roll cage mounting points. Give me all that and the STi engine/drivetrain options and I'll be ready to hit the ClubRally circuit in no time. The nice part about the Evo 8 RS is that it's cheaper than the standard Evo 8. (About $27K)
We are supposedly gonna get the RS, though supposedly it will cost more than the regular EVO. Subaru makes a similar car called the Type-RA (and a Type-R for a little while), though not in the US.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If Saab has any aspirations to capture some of the entry level luxury sedan market, it MUST match the Acura TSX's feature content or at least come close. This means at least an optional leather interior, heated seats and mirrors (no brainer, the WRX even has this option), power drivers seat, Auto climate control (dual zone, hopefully), auto dimming mirror amd a decent stereo. Also, some functional cup holders would be nice too, as well as xenon headlights, but not necessary... :wink: Oh, and it absolutely, positively, MUST come in at around $27,000 FULLY LOADED. If the 9-2 has these features, I will be among the first to sign up for it. Subaru build quality has been steadily improving (though, it wasn't too bad to start with), so that shouldn't be an issue. I've been looking at a new 2004 WRX, so this might be worth holding out for. :wink: After this weekend (in SE Connecticut) I'm staying with AWD as long as I can... :wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Agree with most of the above (even cup holders 8) ), but I would add - SAAB is a premium european brand, as GM keeps reminding us, so the styling and tuning MUST reflect this. We can already buy a perfectly good asian (Subaru) version, so there is no need for a half-hearted re-do of that product. This product must place interior, exterior, and suspension tuning within the spirit of the brand and its european competition. Or else.

"Or else" will not be good for SAAB, GM, or Subaru. I hope GM is reminding itself of this!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts