SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh 1989 Turbo 3 door on the lot. Turbo looks good! Nice and tight on the intake side (even looks to have been replaced at some point). I started to pull it but then thought nahh...how many turbos do you need on the shelf ;) Intercooler intact as well.

Clean body, plugs are clean so probably not a headgasket...more likely a bad transmission that sent it there :(, looked to be a pretty well kept car until its demise. The seats were almost perfect but someone was taking them as I got there.

Go git you some!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Damn, and I could use the seats too! I might go take a peek...I may have gotten a little grabby with some fittings today;oops:

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, and I could use the seats too! I might go take a peek...I may have gotten a little grabby with some fittings today;oops:
Hey get out there today...saw a post where you said you had some play in yoru turbo. The one on this car was in great shape. I mean really nice. But they get yanked pretty quick so if you need it... GO!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Went and yanked the turbo today. Good news is it feels just like the one I have, so if that's good, then I shouldn't have any worries. I ended up with the damn exhaust manifold though- I couldn't get the manifold bolts removed from the turbo, so my only other option was to take the manifold. I'll probably take it back for credit toward a new windshield.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No interior left. Front bumper was decent, the grille was cracked but usable, the headlights were very nice except that the inner portion was broken (as most are). The rest of the car looked to be in very good condition. As scantar said, it must have been transmission issues.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No interior left. Front bumper was decent, the grille was cracked but usable, the headlights were very nice except that the inner portion was broken (as most are). The rest of the car looked to be in very good condition. As scantar said, it must have been transmission issues.
?? It didn't have headlights...'cause I took 'em!

Glad you got the turbo out of it. Soak it good with PB Blaster for a day or two and it'll come away from the manifold. You have 30 days to return it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My bad, I meant turn signals;oops:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I always hate seeing nice cars there even though that's how you get the best parts. The guys in the rust belt would die to see all the straight rust free 900's that get crushed here just needing some mechanical attention.

How is the rear bumper? The bumpers on my white car are beat up and the plastic is sun damaged and floppy. I have the nice front one from my SPG that I am redoing along with my SPG panels. Want to find a nice rear one. I don't care about the paint, but I want the plastic to be in good shape.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nothing jumped out at me as being bad about it, but I didn't look too close either.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yes, that's the one.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yep... Figured as much. It was on CL ($650) for months. Dude said it had a failed distributor (probably Hall sensor) and a questionable trans (grinding into 3rd and popping out of reverse). Looked pretty straight from the pics he sent me, but I already have more parts cars than I'll ever need. It's a good thing I don't have neighbors! :cheesy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts