SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my defroster and cigarette lighter have mysteriously stopped working. When I press the switch, the defroster switch should momentarily light up while depressed, then when released the light will go out and the dash light should go on...there are no lights. And no voltage from the cigarette lighter.

While searching through the Bentley, it seemed to indicate the two are related somehow, and that there is a fuse in a fusebox behind the rear seat. However, this fusebox I cannot find, so I'm kind of stumped. Anyone know where this is? Would this cause the switch not to light up as well? :roll:

li Arc

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So no one has any ideas yet? Here's the excerpt from the Bentley Bible I'm referring to...which I can't seem to locate.

Suggestions would be helpful. :roll:

Mainly, the problem is the defroster fuse in the main fusebox is good, though I haven't checked the relay yet (not sure how to do this, was just going to wait for a junkyard part), but I can't find this secondary fusebox that should hold also the cig lighter fuse or whatever...I'm not even sure what I'm talking about! :p

li Arc

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO! When I noticed the reversing lights were non-functional today, I went and checked my reversing switch connectors (since I replaced the switch several months ago) without finding anything, then I went to the main fusebox position 13 and found the fuse blown. I replaced this, then started up the car. Lo and behold, my cigarette lighter AND the defroster now work! :eek::eek::eek: The reversing fuse is NOT the defroster fuse (position 29 I think), but yet they are interrelated!

This should have been listed on the fusebox cover, but even if not, Bentley should have mentioned it. I'm happy that everything is functional again, but kinda angry that it's more of a "self-discovery" thing, and no, there is no rear fusebox that I have ever found...! :evil:

So, if you ever find that both your defroster and cig lighter is on the fritz, check your reversing lights. If all 3 are out, you know what it is now...fuse #13 main fusebox! :nono;

li Arc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts