SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO about 2 years ago i bought some walnut veneer door trims for my 5 door, this weekend I finally fitted them ;oops:

It really was a case of unscrew and remove the door release handle then pull the old bonded on trim off, using a polyeurethane adhesive bond on the new then refit the handle to provide the final 'clamp'

The rear doors are the same but of course they have the door pins passing through them, they're the genuine article btw, not a stick on plastic thingy.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Now you need to replace that mirror!! Detracts a bit from the looks...;)

Where did you find something like that - I've never seen them...and could they replicate the walnut door cappings that are unavailable now?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20Ted said:
Now you need to replace that mirror!! Detracts a bit from the looks...;)
I'm watching ebay almost daily for a mirror glass, if non appear in the next week I can feel a partsforsaabs order coming along...

20Ted said:
Where did you find something like that - I've never seen them...and could they replicate the walnut door cappings that are unavailable now?
... which is where the door capping came from, I got the impression they've been long discontinued [rather like the tailgate upper spoiler] but PFS sourced a few sets and they sold very quickly - there's probably some sat in a saab warehouse near you but no-one can be bothered to deal with them. I have not even got a part number as they were without instructions.

Thing is, if you have the courage [plus the conviction and budget] you could pull the old trims off and have people that do 'one offs' to make a set in whatever you want, a Viggen for example with carbon fibre to match the dash'

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
It is beautiful, Ragtop, but IMO, belongs in a top of the line Cadillac, even a Rolls-Royce....

Brushed(aircraft appearance) aluminum for the Saab. Of course, I still like the old 93 layout - no plastic, all steel - and the ensuing rust..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts