SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So anyone wanna help me spend some money!!!!!!

At the mo I've got 1985 T8 with turbo bypass off a 16v and a modded intercooler & an sports air filter mounted open in the engine bay and lowering springs/sports shocks, i'm looking to do my next upgrade at the end of the month, what does everyone recommend doing next, so far it's going to be one of the following, along with a replacement radiator..........

Vented discs - costs about £200 for front and rear or I could pull the hubs/discs/everything off my 88 parts car and use those discs which are the standard vented dics.

Mitsu TE05 (one off the latest c900's) - I've got 2 garrett turb's at the mo both with a bit of life left in them, so not essential for running the car at the mo - just want a quicker spooling turbo to counteract the larger vol of inlet due to intercooler upgrade.

Fast Road Cam - looking at Catcam one for £216.

17" alloys - currently got some slightly battered 15" 3 spoke, tyres are all OK, 2 were replaced last year.

3" downpipe - should be able to put one together for £100-150ish as I can do all the cutting and welding myself.

Or I could forget performance for the meantime and concentrate on body work, I want to colour code the Aero body kit and give the car a full respray which will prob cost upto £200 for the paint.

So firstly looks or performance, if performance which will give the most benefit?

Or i could just not spend all my money and maybe eat this month!:cheesy:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Go with an exhaust job as the first job. Free-flowing the turbo elbow is where the best gains are made. Follow that with a new cam and a good tune.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
that sounds like my motor ;) ;)

I'll second the 3" exhaust its well worth it :cool: :cool:

Paul

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3" Downpipe

OK so I'm gonna have to go back to PDA's post and decipher what angle bend each section is. I may post again once i've figured it out to see if everyone agress.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Si said:
OK so I'm gonna have to go back to PDA's post and decipher what angle bend each section is. I may post again once i've figured it out to see if everyone agress.

Cheers
the front section of the 3" (from the turbo to the reducer) is made up from 90deg/60deg bends just cut to suit & welded up...

it took my mate 6 or 7 hours of hard work...

Paul

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Downpipe

it took my mate 6 or 7 hours of hard work...
I've just (nearly) finished prefabing 2 2" pipes to go from turbo-intercooler then intercooler-inlet using about 6 90 deg bends, 2 45 deg bends and a converter section to take the 2" pipe up to the size of the inlet.

I had to cut weld about 7 sections together, it's taken a while(like days) as I'm still learning to weld and they all were a bit fat!
Taken more time grinding the weld down than makeing the pipes in the first place, needless to say though my weldings improved s**t loads.

pda have you thought about wrapping the downpipe in that special insulation tape?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Si,

I'm going to take temps from under the bonnet this weekend, might end up by wrapping the first 4ft of the 3" to keep the temps down & aid the gases flowing..

I'll let you know how high the temps are....

at the moment all I know its bl00dy hot under the bonnet.......

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problems since i dumped my 6.7ltr shelby cobra engine in my saab 94 with high compression pro stock head and gibbi turbo. Just shearing Tranys all the time. I have been told that a few cubes of prostock weld gum in the tank might help sort it though. Tried it and guess what...it worked.

PROSTOCK WELD GUM the proffessionals choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts