SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Since I couldn't install my IC yesterday like I was planning because of the IAC problems I aquired and can't figure out, I decided to tweak it a little bit before I stick it on th car.

Here are a few more shots:

It's amazing what 3 minutes with a bead roller can do. I thought about making the bead more pronounced, but I don't want to have to work any harder than I already will to muscle the hoses over the ends of the pipe, and it doesn't take much of a hump for the clamps to get the necessary bite to prevent the hoses from blowing off. I'm not sure why MP decided to mill out a groove on the new units rather than just beading the ends of the pipe, as it seems like a cheaper and easier solution that works equally well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tidewatersaab said:
JABM: email the idea and pics to MP, maybe they will update the IC in future units. I like the pro looking job.
MP is well aware of the bead rolling technique, they just decided not to use it for some reason. I'm not criticizing their decision, I just wonder for their own sake why they would mill out a section of pipe rather than just beading the ends, since bead rolling is much faster and less expensive than putting every piece of pipe on a lathe. They very well may know something that I don't.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
ya they have recently milled most ends on IC,s which imho is easier to get the stock hoses over than trying to get them over a roll...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts