SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my car lowered on eibachs with koni adjustables since around october of 04, and since then I have always had the konis set to full firm.

After I did that I still had my stock rims with the cruddy touring tires on....but still i was so impressed, in april I finally got to put my rims on and all was :cheesy: :cheesy: auto cross was amazing with the setup I loved it.

But even me the crazy one who didnt mind driving around with the car feeling like a rock, well I finally got tired of it. Especially with my ride to work, over certain bumps it was starting to really get to me(the whole spine crushing feeling:roll: ).

So I had a novel Idea, i decided to finally adjust my ADJUSTABLE shocks...DUH

anyway i backed them off full firm about half a turn, and all I can say is WOW, it us such a more comfortable ride, I actually can nto wait for my ride home from work tomorow just to see how much different it is going to be, Bumps are now so much smoother.

A bit of body roll came back, but for everyday drving its just fine, I will defetnly report back tmw about the differnce it makes goign around some large sweepers i like on my ride to work.

The great thing is, come autoX i will just firm them right back up.

I can finally say it was defenetly worth paying the extra money for adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, My koni sports kit from JEG's is supposed to be arriving today. JEG's sold me the sports kit (springs and 4 shocks) for $577.00. Best other price I could find was $708. Hey Wyldman who installed your springs and shocks?, and by the way where and when is the next autocross you are going to?

·
Registered
642 Posts
audioddude said:
Hi, My koni sports kit from JEG's is supposed to be arriving today. JEG's sold me the sports kit (springs and 4 shocks) for $577.00. Best other price I could find was $708. Hey Wyldman who installed your springs and shocks?, and by the way where and when is the next autocross you are going to?
did you order it online, that a great price

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually I saw it online but having had no experience with JEG's I called to order. The Koni kit was backordered but they said they shipped it and I should get it today. And yeah, I couldn't believe the price. I even talked to Koni to make sure it wasn't a bogus seller. They said that that should be the correct price!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
audioddude said:
Hey Wyldman who installed your springs and shocks?
I installed them myself in about 4 hours with the help from a friend, I do all my own work.

where in CT do you live? I might be able to help you out.

www.cartct.com

is the website for the autoX next event is July 24th, I am defenetly going to try to be there, because the last one I went to was in April

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey Wyldsaabman, I live in Newtown. Unfortunately, I have to work on July 24th so I won;t be able to make the autocross. As for the shocks, I ususally do whatever work I can myself. This job seems a bit more complex. I have done struts on other cars but never on a newer Saab, plus I don't have a spring compressor or balljoint fork. I would love to save the money and do it myself, so if you are available I would love the help. PM me and let me know what you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts