SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am moving across the country and will be towing all of my possessions behind me in a trailer. The difficulty is that the tires on my RKs will probably rub with a trailer on the back. I don't want to buy a new set of tires because they will be mounted on my winter wheels, and a set of Blizzaks would be worthless after the drive in these temperatures.

So, anyone have a decent set of tires for a set of 17" wheels? 5,000 miles worth of life left would be plenty to account for the extra wear of towing a trailer. My guess is 225/45/17 would be ideal. If my memory serves me correctly the Gary Fisher wheels are 17x7. They are down in the storage room right now and I don't want to go double check.

As an important note, I am in the DC Metro area, so tires in Fairbanks, AK won't help me out much.

Thanks.

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,753 Posts
Hey - I have 215 45 17's - I have goodyears and some pirelli's. I would say the goodyears are quite good - 3 of the 4 are almost new. The 4th is good, but not nearly as good. 2 of the 4 pirellis would work as well. Only issue is - we would need to get you to philly and get them demounted and obviously remounted on your rims. I want to get a set of 4 new tires anyways.

Not sure if that helps - but it is an option.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey - I have 215 45 17's - I have goodyears and some pirelli's. I would say the goodyears are quite good - 3 of the 4 are almost new. The 4th is good, but not nearly as good. 2 of the 4 pirellis would work as well. Only issue is - we would need to get you to philly and get them demounted and obviously remounted on your rims. I want to get a set of 4 new tires anyways.

Not sure if that helps - but it is an option.
I will keep that in mind. I am moving in three weeks, so I am sure I could make a trip up to Philly in that time.

thats a big move! career move?
To be clear, I am moving to Arizona, not Alaska. I put the Fairbanks reference in there so no one would say something along the lines of "I have tires, but they are located in Samara, Russia. You just have to pay shipping."

Yeah career move, more or less. I finished law school, but don't have a job yet, and my parents have a second home in Arizona that they are rarely at, so I will save the rent I am paying here and live in the basement there while I find myself a job. Nice weather and a pool.

Buy two new ones just for the rear.
That could work. The car would look awfully ghetto with RKs up front and Gary Fishers in the back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have great luck finding decent used tires on craigslist.. just reach the size you want and you will be amazed at the options that pop up.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I have 2 continental Bridgestone Potenza RE92A 205-50-17 lots of tread (tires were discontinued on GFs car and she got 5 nails in only one of them :roll:), if you come pick it up I'll give you both for ~40 bucks. I'm in the central nj, philly and central pa area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts